Recently, we have been asked frequently what does a financial advisor do?
So here is our quick answer on what are the duties, responsibilities and job description of financial advisors:
- PROSPECTING – List down friends, family, relatives and colleagues who need investments, life insurance, health card, car insurance and more.
- SETTING APPOINTMENT – Contact your prospective clients for a meeting preferably online (due to COVID 19) or visit their office, residence or meet them in a coffee shop.
- BUILDING RAPPORT – Take time to know your client. Where does he work, is he married, how many kids, what was the reason for meeting with you.
- NEEDS ANALYSIS – Identify the needs and wants of the client. Encourage the client to open up so you can be able to pinpoint areas where he needs your help.
- SOLUTION PRESENTATION – Present a financial product that solves the needs of the client – is it life insurance, is it a savings program, is it a health insurance, a retirement program, etc.
- ANNUAL REVIEWS – Regularly provide continuous after sales service in order to get new client referrals and repeat business. This is the best way to have a long and fruitful career as a financial advisor.
If you are considering to become a financial advisor, give it a try. Who knows this might be your calling in life.
The first step to becoming a financial advisor is to know if you are fit to become a financial advisor.